Saturday, August 18, 2018

A Decade of Blogging

Market Daily -- 31st Jul 08 was the first post on this blog,  

That is to say I have actually blogged for a decade already.  I started this blog back in 2007 with the blog title "Patience Market Zone", that why the URL to this blog is https://patiencemarketzone.blogspot.com/ rather than the same as the title now "ccloh Strategic Investor Zone".  One need a lot of patience to be in stock market and that is how the initial title came about.  

I started the blog for only 1 reason back then, that is to provide stock market information to my clients.  I post daily stock market news, daily stock market summary, markets and stocks analysis.  That journey ended in 2013 for daily market news as I have no more obligation for my clients anymore.  It was thereafter I changed the blog title to "ccloh Singapore Market Zone".  I continued to post about market analysis and daily market summary (which eventually discontinued in 2015).

In 2010, I also started to include my investment portfolio in this blog, keeping track of its performance every month against the STI index.  It was until 2011 when I started to blog in detail those stocks I have in my investment, mainly the reason why I bought.

Can't really remember when I finally changed the blog title to "ccloh Strategic Investor Zone", Maybe in 2015 as that was the period when I started to adopt Sun Tzu Art of War as a main form of strategy for my investment.  Technically speaking, I have been researching Sun Tzu Art of War as investment strategy as early as 2013, translating the 13 principles to stock investing strategies, doing "live" testing of those strategies on stock market.  It was until 2015 which I "officially" used it in my Investment Portfolio (the Strategic section in my portfolio) and later extend to my Incubator Portfolio.  I do have another blog that blogged on the 13 principles of Sun Tzu Art of War translating them to investment strategies but not releasing to the public at the moment.

So what'll happen to this blog now ?  Well, apart from writing about my stock portfolio (investment and incubator), tracking their monthly performance, I still do market and stock analysis.  The reason that keep me still blogging now and in the future is none other than "blog for archive".  Everybody make mistakes in life and it is through these mistakes that one learnt and improve on.  Be it in investment decision or market or stock analysis I will just blog it down regardless it is correct or wrong.  Should it be a wrong decision in investing or analysis, in the future when I look back I could know where I got it wrong and learn from that mistake.  By doing so, I believe that the only way to improve on my quality.  That is why my blog is relatively different from other financial blogger in a way even if it is a mistake I will blog it down.

Talk about quality, that bring me to a hot topic talking point now in Singapore.  The high salary - quality - mediocre saga.  Well since my blogging is for archiving purpose, I will archive it down the following :-

High Salary =/= Quality


Whoever (be it CEO of a company, leader or ex-leader of a Nation or just an average citizen) believes that only in providing high monetary reward then can attract quality personnel, YOU will go down in Singapore history as VERY WRONG

Quality is achieved by be honest about the mistakes, admit the mistakes, not pushing away or buy yourself out of the responsibility, make sincere and not political PR style of apology for the mistakes and learn from the mistakes.  This is the type of quality that is priceless, no money in this world can buy and definitely not just elite has it.